Thursday, April 19, 2012

A-Z: Going to the Quote Garden for Inspiration

Garden flowerGarden flower (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I am sure you will be shocked, shocked! to learn that sometimes I go to the greenhouse of my mind, and while there are lots of ideas growing there, nothing is ripe and ready.

So one of the place I can go to harvest an idea or two is Quote Garden, as one of:
My 26 Favorite Ways to Piss Away Time Do Valuable Research on the Interwebs.


There are many quote sites on the web - this is not even necessarily the best one.  Of course, the butterflies caught my eye, first.  It's also been up for 14+ years, so it's super-rich with material, and I don't expect it to be here today, gone tomorrow.

But the main reason I love it is because of the way it's organized.
Who knew there were quotes about the Tooth Fairy, or  Quotations about Quotations?

Sometimes I get an idea or five simply from reading the categories, or click on something, just to see what on earth is quotable about Cows, Vegetarianism, or Firefighters.
Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over.  ~Author Unknown
Well, yes, there is that.
Photo via Dollytubcottage
What about cows, you ask?

All the really good ideas I ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.  ~Grant Wood

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.  ~Proverb
You want the quotes on Vegetarianism, Habits, Dia de los Muertos, Football and more, you'll have to go do your own harvesting.


Quote Garden - always something there ready to be picked.  You can even Follow them on Twitter.



My A-Z theme is My 26 Favorite Ways to Piss Away Time Do Valuable Research on the Interwebs.

Truly, sometimes an idea from a "pointless" fun site or post or photograph does result in pages and pages of writing. Or at least a blog post or two.

Do you harvest a quote from Quote Garden from time to time?
Got other fun sites beginning with the letter "Q"?
Enhanced by Zemanta