Friday, April 27, 2012

A-Z: xkcd - So Funny in a Geeky Way.
Or Geeky in a Funny Way?

Romance, Sarcasm, Math, and Language. What's not to love?

Sometimes it educates my brain with Very Important Knowledge, like this dietary fact. Especially invaluable for those peeps who stocked up on the post-Easter candy sales. *looks at ceiling, whistles*
 
Cadbury Eggs
from xkcd
Sometimes the posts are something that leave me giggling, other times scratching my head and feeling sooper stoopid.

This is why xkcd is one of:
My 26 Favorite Ways to Piss Away Time Do Valuable Research on the Interwebs.
Like this strip. Is it about geeks, or romance, or both?


Keyed
from xkcd
You'll notice sometimes when you roll your mouse over a cartoon in just the right spot, you'll get a pop-up text box with additional or behind the scenes information.  (Try around the girl's knees - well, where her knees would be, if she had knees - in the last cell of the cartoon, above.)


Talk dirty little astronomy secrets to me, baby.

Orion Nebula
from xkcd
Give me the full geek.I can take it, baby.
Wisdom of the Ancients
xkcd
In case you were worried, xkcd not only allows sharing but even allows and encourages hot-linking. Yes, there is also merchandise you can buy: signed prints, posters, and even a book, which sends part of the profits to build a school in Laos through the charity Room to Read.
 For simple little stick figures, the artist makes them say a whole lot of stuff.



My A-Z theme is My 26 Favorite Ways to Piss Away Time Do Valuable Research on the Interwebs.

Truly, sometimes an idea from a "pointless" fun site or post or photograph does result in pages and pages of writing. Or at least a blog post or two.

Were you already an xkcd fan?
How about hooked on Cadbury Cream Eggs? 
(I miss the runny fillings, don't you?)
Got other fun sites beginning with the letter "X"? (Liar!)
Enhanced by Zemanta